Part-Time CHOIR DIRECTOR
Position Summary The Choir Director participates in the music ministry of Grace Lutheran Church (ELCA), Lakeland Florida, by preparing, rehearsing, and directing liturgically appropriate music for worship services and other events.
· Plans choir anthems appropriate to the liturgical season
· Schedules and leads choir rehearsals for regular and special services
· Oversees students and other paid choir members
· Coordinates small groups and solos for summer worship
· Be present at Sunday and other services to lead the congregation in liturgical music and hymns, teaching when needed
· Leads and coordinates the Handbell Choir · Maintains the music library
Skills and Qualifications
· Bachelor’s degree
· Choral leadership experience
· Ability to play parts for choral rehearsals
· Ability to recruit and motivate singers
· Ability to sing solo and with others
· Familiarity with liturgy and the liturgical year $11,500 - $14,000 a year – part-time
To apply, please submit a cover letter, resume, and supply a link to a video performance demonstrating your choral conducting skills to ChurchGraceLakeland@gmail.com.