Position Summary The Organist participates in the music ministry of Grace Lutheran Church (ELCA), Lakeland Florida, by preparing, performing and accompanying liturgically appropriate music for worship services and other events, using a 2-manual pipe organ, piano, and other instruments as needed.
· Meets with the Pastor and the Choral Director to coordinate and organize music for Sunday worship, evening prayer or its equivalent, and special services such as Christmas and Holy Week.
· Provides organ music for weddings and funerals as needed.
· Prepares an appropriate prelude and postlude.
· Practices sufficiently to lead congregational singing with minimal errors.
· Accompanies the choir and worship band and attends and accompanies rehearsals as scheduled.
· Collaborates with and accompanies guest instrumentalists and/or vocalists as needed.
Skills and Qualifications
· Bachelor’s degree preferred
· Demonstrated proficiency in playing a 2-manual pipe organ with foot pedals
· Piano proficiency
· Ability to accompany and play parts for choral rehearsals
· Familiarity with liturgy and the liturgical year $10,500 - $13,000 a year – part-time.
To apply, please submit a cover letter, resume, and supply a link to a video performance demonstrating your organ and piano skills to ChurchGraceLakeland@gmail.com.